School holiday sports coaching courses
Various venues across the North East
"Thanks for showing an interest in our school holiday coaching courses. We continue to grow the number courses we run and are pleased to be adding a number of venues in 2021. Our success is due to providing a first-class experience for the children attending." Tony Dowson, SHAPE Performance Owner
Why book with us?
The major aim for our courses is to make them a fun as possible, and should you book your children on to one, I am sure they will have an amazing time. Our coaches all have a DBS check, first aid, safeguarding and relevant coaching qualifications. They are also employed because of the way they interact with the children, make it fun, as well as their ability to develop the children’s skill levels.
But don’t just take my word for it… check out the 5* reviews we have on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SHAPEperform/reviews), some of which are shown below. Don’t forget to ‘like’ the SHAPE Performance Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the courses we offer."
Prices are £60 for a full week (£55 for 2nd sibling and £50 for any other siblings).
£15 per day (£12.50 for 2nd sibling and £10 for any other siblings).
The courses are all running 9:45am till 3pm this year. Early drop-offs are available (at £2.50 per session) from 8:45am AT SOME VENUES. Easter 2022 - early drop offs available at all venues except Northburn Primary.
Venues & Dates
|Multi-sport||Football||Dance, Trampolining & Gymnastics|
|11th - 14th April||St Thomas More Blaydon||Y||Y||Y|
|Seaton Sluice First School||Y||X||X|
|Bothal Primary School Ashington||Y||X||X|
|19th - 22nd April||St Thomas More Blaydon||Y||Y||Y|
|Northburn Primary School Cramliington||Y||X||X|
Please click here to see our pre-course booklet. This gives you loks of tips about what the children need curing the course.
We will be following government guidelines and National sports governing body guidance for coronavirus. Our risk assessment and guidance for parents can be viewed here.
Children normally take part in 4 activities each day, approximately 50 minutes on each activity.
The sessions involve a bit of coaching, but are mostly playing matches/games, and fun and enjoyment are our top priority so we choose activities which we know children of all abilities can enjoy. We pride ourselves on differentiating by ability, offering activities, which all children enjoy.
Depending on the facilities available at the venue, we have offered the following sports. Football, trampolining, cricket, basketball, tag rugby, table tennis, hockey, ultimate frisbee, tennis, gymnastics, dance, netball, climbing/bouldering. Dodgeball is a favourite amongst the children and we usually play this daily. We also play a few fun games like capture the flag, Danish longball and have one day where we will have a water fight (when the weather is hot enough)… two days, if we can fit this in! We also invite the children to bring in their bikes or scooters on one day, and have fun challenges, competitions and races, but please ensure they have a helmet and other protective gear, as we will not let them join in unless they have this. New for 2017 – we have invested a large sum of money into Nerf blasters, safety goggles and darts so we can play Nerf games. We have enough blasters for everyone, so don’t worry if your child doesn’t have one.
Players will receive high quality coaching to improve their footballing ability. The major emphasis is on having fun, whilst developing skills (passing, dribbling, shooting, turning, control of the ball, heading etc.), game awareness (tactical knowledge), football fitness and mental aspects of football (e.g. determination, team work etc.). At the end of each session children play matches to put into practise what they have been working on.
Dance, gymnastics and trampolining
In the dance sessions we teach some hip-hop and street dance moves, then put these together into a dance to a current chart song. We usually invite the parents in on Friday afternoon so the children can perform their work. Gymnastics & Trampolining – Developing basic and advanced skills, putting these together into routines.
Early drop off and late pick ups
At most venues we have an early drop-off from 8:45am, at a cost of £2.50 per child per day. We have no late pick-ups available at any of our Summer 2021 courses.
Frequently asked questions
Below are some of the FAQs about the holiday coaching courses.
1. What ages are allowed on your courses. Children who are finishing Reception class in July 2021 can attend our Summer 2021 courses. For other holiday courses they need to be in Year 1. For smaller sites (First and Primary Schools) children in Year 7 can attend but at High Schools we allow Year 8s to attend.
2. How do I book a place?
Use the link above, which will take you to our booking site, to book a place?
3. Are there places still available?
This webpage will display show when a course is full and there are no more places available. You can also see when places are nearly sold out on the booking site if you try to book a place.
4. What happens if the course is cancelled due to Coronavirus and lockdowns? You will get a full refund or a credit on the account.. You can choose which one.
5. Do I have to book for a full week? No, it is cheaper to do so, but you can book for any number of days.
6. How much are the courses? Summer 2021 prices
The price is £55 for a full week. £50 for any 2nd sibling and £45 for other siblings.
The day rate is £13.50 per child, or £12 per day for a second sibling and £10.50 for a 3rd sibling?
7. Do they need a packed lunch? Yes, they need their own food and plenty to drink.
8. My child doesn't have a water gun/nerf blaster, do you have spares? Yes, we have some spares, but if you can get one prior to the course that would be great.
9. Can they be in the same group as their friend(s)? If they are similar ages then yes, this is likely to be the case. If there is a large age difference then it depends on the course they choose. For dance, gymnastics and trampolining this is usually fine. However, for safety, this is not always possible for football and multi-sport groups. We try to accommodate requests but cannot guarantee it, particularly when there is a large size, ability or age difference.
10. What times do you operate? The coaching part of the course is 9:45am until 3pm. We have an early drop-off from 8:45am at most venues (at an extra cost).
11. What do the children do? The day is broken up into 4 sessions. Session 1 - break - Session 2 - lunch - session 3 - break (tuck shop) - Session 4. For more info about the sports they do, check out the information above.
12. Are all courses available at all venues? No, at the smaller venues we usually only have the multi-sport activities. All 3 options are available at the High schools. See the table above to see which courses are available at each venue.
13. Do you accept childcare vouchers? We aren't Ofsted registered yet so can't accept childcare vouchers. We are actively working on this, so hopefully this will change soon.
14. Can parents stay and watch? No, for safeguarding reasons parents are not allowed to stay.
What People Say
We pride ourselves on offering high quality courses and this is reflected by the comments we receive from parents. We have over thirty-five '5 star' ratings on Facebook.
Here are a few of the comments we have received; check out the SHAPE Performance Facebook page for more. www.facebook.com/shapeperform
"Great value for money. Children are active in a safe environment with professional staff having fun but also learning lots of skills. Would definitely recommend to others" Stephen, Dad of Matthew, aged 5, St Agnes School.
"They both had a super fun few days at St. Agnes and St. Thomas More summer sports camp. They had a blast! Highly recommend - great club, Thank you" Virginia, Mum of Sonny, aged 8 and Patrick, aged 13.
"My 6yr old has just participated in the dance, gymnastics and trampolining course. She absolutely loved it and has come home happy and confident each night. She can be very shy in new situations but performed in front of parents today with a smile! Thank you to everybody involved- she will definitely come again!" Helen Stott - her daughter attended the Cardinal Hume course in 2016.
"My daughter and my nephews regularly attend holiday sports camps ran by Tony and the guys, They love it! They literally have a ball and the coaches are professional and approachable. There is a wide range of activities available to suit all kids and it really is fantastic value for money! Particular favourite of my lot is water fight day! 5 stars from me!" Lisa - mum of Cerys, aged 6
"Ethan has had a fab time and was really enthusiastic about coming every single day… he had actually been asking "is it a football day today?" Every morning!" Helen, mum of Ethan, aged 5
- Fun water fights
- Prize for best attitude
- Multi-sport Activities
- Football Coaching
0771 324 4023 (call or txt)